Total Pageviews

Monday 5 September 2011

Head Assembly

I have lubricated all of the parts after cleaning and laid them out ready for assembly.

If you follow the pictures you will see how easy the assembly is.




This top plate lines up and has a slight overlap.


Make sure everything is lined up before inserting the rod.




Above: When inserting the rod the stepped edge faces outwards.




The retaining pin is tapered which is something to watch when inserting it.













Finally the tubular rod is inserted through the centre of the head.

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I just wanted to let you know that I am starting out restoring a Singer 29-4. I too have not been able to find a lot of resources on this (including the lack of a good exploded view, particularly of the rear, lifting spring assembly. I will be taking lots of pictures; maybe it would help you. I will be putting stuff on kelvinshaw.com soon if you are interested.

    Thanks and good luck with the build.

    Cheers,
    Kelvin Shaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helo my friend I just whant to let you know that your blog help me a lot. Thank you very mutch.
    João ideias, Portugal 2018

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo hier heb je wat aan, ik zou er ook eens aan moeten beginnen.
    Heb een 29 UFA en een 29K51.

    ReplyDelete