Total Pageviews

Friday 2 September 2011

Starting Out

Much like a lot of people I have been looking for a decent Singer 29k for while but with no success. I stumbled across one on E-bay that seen better days so I took the plunge and bought it. The description was fair and I knew that it potentially was a non runner as it came from a house clearance. After an eight hour round trip I finally got it home and tested it. The Singer really had seen better days so I tried to find a definitive repair guide or restoration page, again fail so I'm working through this one on my own. I have to say that I have restored Singers before (not this model) so I'm going to lean on this experience.

 This machine was completely seized and there is a serious rust issue. In the next post I will dismantle the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment