Total Pageviews

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Setting the Timing on assembly

SORRY FOR THE DELAY OF THIS POST I HAVE BEEN VERY SICK.


Setting the timing on these old machines is a relativly simple process. The first part is the alignment of components in their original place on manufacture. Singer was very clever about this part for their production line assembly workers. Most of the working parts will only fit on each other one way and score lines are included for the parts that have scope to be placed in wrong.  See pictures below.


When all of the parts are possitioned the needle would be at its lowest point.








I will include more on timing in my next post.

5 comments:

  1. I came across this blog doing a google search on 29-4 reiteration. As you likely know there is nothing out there on how to work on these machines! I was hoping to at lest find a technician service manual? Your blog is great and will be most useful to me and I'll bet many others who decide to take on such a project. If it wouldn't be to much trouble could you post some more in-depth info (and pictures if you have them) going more into detail on the disassembly, particularly the head ? What screws to take out 1st, how to remove the head ext.
    Thank you Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I have just bought a 29k2 and it is seized your pictures are very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concerned I don't see another post after this, it's been many years.. I hope your health remained well enough to finish the project. Great information, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great Blog mate. I have a 29k13 that needs a new drive rack, and I cant find one for the life of me. Do you have any suggestions? Cheers (Another) Anthony

    ReplyDelete